Saturday, May 21, 2016

Get the gunk out!

Since I acquired the HP 16500 C mainframe analyzer it needed some clean up.  I decided last night that I would clean it up a bit, since I couldn't sleep anyway.  The fans, and most of the case were covered in this greasy / sticky / nasty black soot like gunk.  I cleaned that off of every surface that I could, dried stuff off and re-assembled the analyzer.  Below are a few pictures I took during the process.

Main view of the chassis.

Power supply, hard drive and a fan bracket.

Side of CRT module and Fans.

Option Cards waiting re-installation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Any pre-clean pictures of the interior?

Christopher R. Martin said...

I wish I would have remembered to snap some. I am pretty bad about remembering to take the pictures through out the entire process.