Saturday, March 5, 2016

Syntax files for UltraEdit on Linux

I wanted to make sure that the wordfiles used by UltraEdit on my workstation were up to date.
I am sort of lazy sometimes and really get tired of copying them from the website and placing them in the folder.

As it turns out IDM Computer Solutions uses github to handle the storage of it's wordfiles for UltraEdit, this is great.  On Linux, when you install UltraEdit the default wordfile directory is ~/.idm/uex/wordfile.

I went to the directory above the wordfile directory, ~/.idm/uex and removed the wordfile directory and then cloned the repository from IDM using the following command:
git clone https://github.com/IDMComputerSolutions/wordfiles.git.

Now, when I start up ultra edit it has all the syntax files available.  The real bonus now is that all I have to do is do is go to the wordfiles directory and do a git pull, to get the latest wordfiles.

No comments: