Saturday, April 4, 2015

Start of AlphaBot project.

I have started a new project, one that involves working with robot platforms.

I have acquired a few neat little robot platforms from some really great companies.  I chose these robot platforms because they allow me to work with modular designs that can share some  hardware and firmware.

First, I ordered the Buggy from MikroElectronika.  I haven't really talked about this company or their products, however I love their stuff.  Their products are very well built, documented and they provide examples.  I actually have quite a few of their products, and I can use almost all of the devices I purchased from them with this robot platform.  Eventually I hope use all of the following with this project:
MikroElectronika also has a very interesting plug and play system called mikroBUS.
This allows me to use various sub modules called Click Boards
these boards are great. I can write firmware code and prototype my system without designing and building the hardware first.  I have a few of the click boards, specifically the BLE P click and the nRF C Click that I wish to use with this project.
 
Second, I ordered the MRK Basic and MRK+Line robot kits from DIGILENT.  These robot platforms can't reuse the devices from MikroElectronika without building custom hardware adapters.  However, they have sub modules called pmods I can use with their chipKIT board as well as their ZYBO board.

This project will be quite challenging and enjoyable.  I plan to keep this blog updated as I work on it.

No comments: